First of all, I am not a fan of UFC as I don’t really know much about it.
I don’t watch the news or read the newspaper either.
But – I still know who Conor McGregor is.
My brother sent me this link of Conor McGregor unfiltered via email this morning.
I am now a huge fan of the majority of what Conor McGregor is all about.
Below is purely based on notes taken from the video in the link above.
Here are some key things Conor McGregor has in common with Happy Physio:
- feel energised in his company
- doesn’t feel pressure
- continually striving to be the absolute best in the world
- progressed over the years to play in bigger arena’s
- it’s a learning process – game of visualisation (proven sports psychology technique)
- do what we say we will do
- not afraid to commit to something
- seeks the uncomfortable and becomes more comfortable
- perceived as a natural talent – but had a huge work rate over a decade – 1st in to the gym and last to leave
- over a decade in the making before having an international impact
- “anyone that really focusses on an obsession and allows it to take over every aspect of their life will succeed in that particular obsession”
- has a clear vision and kept it no matter what
- serving the fans and puts them first
- enjoys a smoothie
- “nothing fancy, no secret, you just show up everyday, put the work in, and that’s it – reap the rewards” (for us = changing peoples lives)
- “there is not a day goes by that I do not wake up grateful and thankful for the life I have now”
- proud of the support of his people
- eats pressure for breakfast
- searches for moments of fatigue, where many will give up – finds it and pushes through it
- focussed on his mission every waking moment (and sleeping moment)
There are some huge life lessons in those dot points – thank you Conor McGregor for sharing the recipe for success and positive impact in any profession.
You are making many of our Irish clients smile and walk with a spring in their step – your energy has been contagious.
Happy Physio Conor McGregor may meet one day in the future hopefully.
Time for me to return to my obsession of positively impacting peoples lives!